Child, Family and Social Services has been identified as a Unique Area of Excellence at Nicholls State University.
Reasons for this distinction include:
- Nationally accredited by the American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences and the American Dietetics Association
- Outstanding internship program in over 75 social service agencies in the region
- High percentage of graduates accepted into graduate schools in the areas of counseling, social work and marriage and family therapy
- Recipient of over 2 million dollars in grants in the past 10 years
- Optional minors available in two areas: Addictive Behaviors and Gerontology
- Exemplary graduating senior assessment programs
- Partnership with Louisiana Department of Social Services
- Partnership with Louisiana Department of Addictive Behavior
- Active student organizations
- Laboratory experience with the Nicholls Family Resource Center (information and referral service for community agencies)
- Active community involvement with family service agencies throughout student’s college experience
You can find more information on this program by visiting the Child, Family and Social Services web site.