The Teacher Education program has been identified as an Area of Excellence at Nicholls State University.
Reasons for this distinction include:
- Provides degree programs for high percentage of teachers in the region
- Recipient of grants in Clinical Immersion Alternative Certification and Innovative Teaching Programs
- High passage rate on the National Teachers’ Exam (NTE)/Praxis
- Active participation in Louisiana Systemic Initiative Program (LaSIP) and the Louisiana Collaborative for Excellence in Preparation of Teachers (LaCEPT)
- Collaborative relationship with Region III and K-12 schools
- Active participation in Louisiana Association of Colleges for Teacher Education (LACTE)
- Provides certification options for high percentage of teachers in the region pursuing alternative teacher licensure
- Accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education
For more information on this program, please visit the Teachers Education web page.