Academic Computing at Nicholls
- Academic Computing supports the mission of the University by providing student and faculty services that assist with all technological aspects of learning in a University environment.
- Management of the University Learning Management System (Moodle)
- Management of the University email for students (GMail)
- Providing highly available computer labs for students, and assistance for faculty to integrate course materials into the curriculum.
- Ongoing procedural and educational training of students and faculty.
- Provide accountability to University and State Auditors, the SGA, and to the University Louisiana System board.
- Management and technical support of the compressed video network and VBrick streaming video systems.
- Provide computing resources to the faculty.
- Maintain the alumni database.
- The managed labs allow students to complete reports and research necessary for course requirements. We have professional staff and trained students available to assist faculty and students in using University computing resources and multimedia classrooms.
- The technical support of the compressed video network is accomplished by working closely with office of Distance Education.
- Assessing Faculty and Student Computing needs.
- Academic Computing hosts web services for the department’s interactive pages.
- The Alumni database is maintained as an ongoing project.