Your academic record shows that you have been suspended two or more times; therefore, you must remain out of the University for at least one calendar year from the semester of suspension unless you appeal this suspension.
You will have the opportunity to appeal your suspension to the Academic Policies and Standards Committee. The Committee will meet as follows:
|COMMITTEE WILL MEET||APPEAL PACKET DUE NO LATER THAN|
|Friday, August 15, 2014||Monday, August 11, 2014|
To appeal your suspension, please complete the following steps:
- Type a letter explaining the reasons for your poor academic performance and what has changed to resolve the issue(s);
- To the letter, attach documentation supporting your claim (doctor’s excuses, obituary, etc.) (See “Criteria and Required Documentation for Filing for a Waiver…” on the reverse side of the appeal form.)
- To the letter, attach documented evidence that you have complied with the conditions or recommendations made by the committee (or your dean) on any prior appeal.
- Complete the appeal form;
- If you are within 24 hours of graduation, you are to submit a Graduation Date Verification Form which is to be completed and signed by your Academic Advisor and the Department Head of the department of your major. This form can be obtained on our website at http://www.nicholls.edu/academics/academic-suspension-information/
- Mail your appeal packet (typed letter with attachments and appeal form) to Academic Policies and Standards Committee, c/o Academic Affairs, P.O. Box 2002, Thibodaux, LA 70310 or deliver to the Office of Academic Affairs in Picciola Hall by the date indicated above. NO LATE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
You will be notified of the status of your appeal shortly after the Committee meets to review your packet by telephone and/or via a mailed letter. If you live in campus housing please call Housing and Residence Life at 985-448-4479. There are housing deadlines that must be met to keep your Fall 2014 housing assignment.
IF YOU FAIL TO APPEAL YOUR SUSPENSION OR YOUR SUSPENSION APPEAL IS DENIED, YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO TAKE CLASSES FOR ONE ACADEMIC YEAR. You may reapply to Admissions once the suspension period has ended.
IF YOU REGISTERED EARLY FOR THE 2014 FALL SEMESTER AND YOU FAIL TO MEET THE DEADLINE OF AUGUST 11 TO APPEAL YOUR SUSPENSION, YOUR SCHEDULE WILL BE REMOVED.
IF YOU MEET THE DEADLINE TO APPEAL YOUR SUSPENSION AND YOUR APPEAL IS GRANTED, YOU MUST PAY FOR YOUR CLASSES NO LATER THAN 4:15 PM ON AUGUST 15 , THE DAY BEFORE CLASSES BEGIN IN ORDER TO AVOID LATE FEES.
If you have any questions concerning this matter, please contact Academic Affairs at (985) 448-4012, or by email at email@example.com.
Albert Davis, Ph.D.
Vice President for Academic Affairs (Interim)