12/2/14 – SCL Technical College is looking for any Fall 2014 graduates or students that may have already graduated. Position: Accounting Instructor. This person would be teaching on Thibodaux and Galliano campuses. This position does not require a MBA. The application can be found on the website at www.scl.edu. Email application along with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
12/3/14 – Tax Preparer/Accountant/Processors – Locally (Houma) – Established growing accounting & tax business hiring qualified Tax Preparers, Accountants, and Processors to work full time during 2015 tax filing season and beyond. Email to email@example.com.
12/3/14 – Lafayette firm is looking for a few accounting December graduates to fill full time starting level positions. Send resume directly to Stephanie Blank at either address or email below. Check out the firm online at www.wmddh.com.
Stephanie A. Blank, CPA
Wright, Moore, DeHart, Dupuis, & Hutchinson, LLC
Certified Public Accountants
100 Petroleum Drive
PO Box 80569
Lafayette, LA 70598
Phone (337) 232-3637 ext.204
Fax (337) 235-8557
12/11/14 – Company that does accounting and bookkeeping work for several clients and provides everything from CFO level resources down to basic data entry. Company is looking for someone with some basic office skills and knowledge (AP entry, AR collections, Excel, etc). Someone with an Accounting education, whether 4 year degree or bookkeeping certification from a community college, is a plus. Pay will be based on experience and value provided. They would report to one of the staff accountants and be domiciled at a client location in Houma. Even though their office would be at that client in Houma, they may only work 20-25 hours per week for that client. The rest of the work would be delegated to them for other clients.
This person would be an employee of Next Level.
Duties onsite at client:
1.1 Bookkeeping Tasks – Processes and makes bank deposits, enters payables and bank transactions as required, prepares customer invoicing and submits to customers, corresponds with factoring company as directed by the CFO, and prints/prepares/mails checks as necessary
1.2 Collections – Regularly contacts customers with past due invoices to inquire about payment and follows up as necessary.
1.3 Special Projects – As time permits, this employee will be asked to assist in special projects as directed by the executive team.
1.4 Sales Reports and Expense Reminders – Sends reminders to sales team to submit expenses and sales call reports in accordance with company policy
1.5 Additional Support – Provides any additional support for any new processes or projects as they arise.
Send resume to or contact Chris King
T: (225) 279-7564
F: (504) 285-6611
12/12/14 – Job Position: Staff Accountant – Pierre Part, LA
1-3 yrs experience, Salary approx. $50-55k.
This new position reports to the Accounting Manager in the Corporate. This individual will assist in all aspects of the full accounting cycle, be heavily involved in the month end closing process and be responsible for accounting and reporting of insurance claims under the company’s marine insurance policies.
1. Post electronic cash receipts and disbursements into the accounting system
2. Reconcile bank accounts on a monthly basis
3. Gather, track and report invoices and payments related to insurance claims for application to the company’s AAD and/or reimbursement by insurers
4. Assist in monthly billing and invoicing to customers
5. Assist in coding, reviewing and posting of accounts payable
6. Analyze various general ledger accounts, prepare monthly journal entries, and post journal entries into the accounting system
7. Prepare reconciliations of various general ledger accounts
8. Maintain fixed assets and calculate depreciation in the fixed assets system
9. Provide support in the annual budgeting process
10. Assist outside auditors as needed in the annual audit
1. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting absolutely required
2. CPA or in pursuit of CPA designation highly preferred
3. 1 – 2 years of relevant accounting work experience
4. Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Outlook
5. Must possess excellent organization, communication, and analytical skills
6. Must be detail oriented
7. Ability to meet reporting deadlines
8. Ability to multi-task
9. Ability to work well with others
Email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org