7/1/14 – Gulf South Services, Inc. – Position Open: Payroll Specialist
• Process Hourly and Salary Pay Data for Multi-State Payroll
• Prepare manual checks as requested for termination and other circumstances
• Maintain Payroll files according to record retention policies
• Coordinate/Communicate with Human Resources Department
• Communicate effectively and cordially with employees and others regarding payroll matters
• Thorough knowledge of pay practices and payroll guidelines
• Review, prepare and distribute deduction payments as needed
• Process payroll adjustments, status changes and wage garnishments
• Perform reconciliations as required
• Required to manually import files into payroll system for processing
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in use of computers, including spreadsheets and word processing
- Prior Payroll processing experience required
- Ability to perform in a fast paced and flexible environment
- Highly organized, with ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Working Knowledge of MS Office Software – MS Excel, Word and Office
- Basic Accounting Knowledge
- Bilingual is a Plus
Gulf South Services,Inc.
280 Ford Industrial Rd. Morgan City, La 70380
Resumes: Christian Murillo – Christian@gssimail.net Phone Number (985) 354-4043
7/8/14 – CPA Firm Hiring Accountants – New Iberia CPA firm has full time positions available for entry-level staff accountants. Part time schedule available while you complete your final semester classes. Duties will vary and will include auditing, tax preparation, client accounting, and financial statement preparation. Please send resume and current college transcript (3.0 GPA or higher preferred) to Accounting Position, P. O. Box 14240, New Iberia, LA 70562-4240 or fax to Accounting, 337-364-7235 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
7/10/14 - Staff Accountant position -
The Mercedes-Benz Superdome currently has a Staff Accountant position open. Full-time position. Recent graduate. Email resume to: email@example.com
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for an Audio Staff Accountant at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome. The Staff Accountant reports to the Accounting Manager. This positions primary duty is to perform all accounting duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintains fixed asset detail records.
• Performs account analysis.
• Assists Accounting Manager and Assistant Accounting Manager in preparation of financial statements.
• Processes A/R and A/P.
• Reconciles A/R and A/P control accounts to detail aging.
• Reconciles cash receipts and disbursements.
• Performs monthly closing of sub ledgers.
• Inputs journal entries.
• Codes receipts and disbursements for input into the general ledger.
• Performs account analysis on general ledger accounts.
• Maintains and audits box office ticket sales reports.
• Maintains and audits parking office reports.
• Processes facility payroll.
• Processes wage garnishments, vacation & other leave requests, manual payroll checks.
• Prepares financial statements.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Extensive knowledge of general and cost accounting.
• Extensive knowledge of accounting software, spreadsheets, word processing software and excellent math skills.
• High aptitude for figures.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and organizational ability.
• Ability to work with and maintain highly confidential information.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
• B.S. in Accounting or Finance from a four-year college or university.
7/10/14 - Accounting Specialist – NVI, LLC is currently accepting resumes for an Accounting Specialist position located in Gray, La. The Accounting Specialist assists the Controller with managing the day-to-day operations of managing the accounting group. The Accountant Specialist carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas, including but not limited to:
The Accountant is responsible for all or part of these areas:
• Creates value added reports in a clear and concise manner
• Presents information in a useful format to Executive and Operational Management
• Assists in training to ensure consistent information is entered into the project accounting system
• Develops effective cost accounting metrics for project accounting
• Assists in overseeing accounts payables and receivables;
• Carries out objectives set forth by the Company Controller;
• Utilizes computerized accounting programs to perform duties and responsibilities;
• Assists in financial management and analysis, as requested;
• Performs accounting duties in sufficient time to meet supervisor deadlines;
• Organizes and maintain up to date financial records.
Preferred Qualifications, Experience, and Skill Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree with concentration in Accounting is required;
• Advanced degree or certifications are beneficial;
• Strong organizational and communication skills; and,
• Possess strong critical thinking, the ability and desire to learn;
• Ability to lift 30 pounds;
• Successfully pass FBI and company drug/alcohol testing; and,
• Successfully pass a company motor vehicle record check.
How to apply:
• Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org;
• Fax resumes to 985-876-9355;
• Fill out applications in NVI’s corporate office at 2449 West Park Ave., Gray, La. 70359.
7/10/14 – Bourgeois Bennett, CPAs
The Houma, LA office of Bourgeois Bennett, CPAs & Consultants is currently seeking accounting graduates for auditing positions. Experience preferred but not required. Excellent salary and benefits including performance bonus for overtime, flexible schedules, paid medical and dental insurance, 401(k), business casual dress, notebook PCs, continuing professional education and more. Email resume to email@example.com – Edward R. Bouterie. www.bourgeoisbennett.com