4/22/13 - Accounting & Software Concepts, LLC has an immediate opening for an Accounting Software Consultant. ASCLLC sells and supports Sage BusinessWorks, Sage 50, and Sage 100 ERP. We also provide consulting services for QuickBooks.
We are looking for an employee with a minimum of 2 years prior experience working in an accounting role (A/P clerk, A/R clerk, Payroll clerk, etc).
Accounting Software Consultants will:
- Provide end-user support for clients experiencing software issues
- Assist clients with producing quarterly payroll tax reports
- Assist clients with reconciling general ledger accounts
- Download and install program upgrades and service packs
- Maintain the confidentiality of all client data when provided access to their databases
This position requires:
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Successful completion of Sage BusinessWorks Consultant Certification Program (within 90 days of hiring)
All interested parties should email resumes to:
Only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
5/2/13 - WMDDH is a small to midsized firm in Lafayette, employing about 65 people. They currently have openings in Tax, Audit, and Write Up departments. They are expanding faster than they can fill positions, so there are quite a few openings. Please contact Stephanie A. Blank, CPA, Wright, Moore, DeHart, Dupuis, & Hutchinson, LLC Certified Public Accountants, 100 Petroleum Drive, PO Box 80569, Lafayette, LA 70598, by emailing her with your resume or questions – firstname.lastname@example.org.
5/6/13 – Dupre’ Logistics is currently seeking a Staff Accountant to support their Accounting and Finance Departments in Lafayette, LA.
Email résumé to: JMBoudreaux@duprelogistics.com
Company Description: Dupre’ Logistics, a $195mm leading edge logistics company, is grounded on a culture of solid core values that are “always forward thinking”. We focus on the safety of our team members, outstanding customer service, and profitable growth. Our 15-20% growth each year is fueled by designing unique Logistics & Transportation solutions for our customers and providing flawless execution of those solutions. Dupre’ Logistics’ vision focuses our energy and resources to align our greatest treasure – our people.
Job Description: Our Staff Accountant performs a variety of duties including general accounting tasks, spreadsheet updating, research, and other administrative/clerical duties to support the Accounting and Finance departments. As a successful Staff Accountant, you must have a strong knowledge of accounting practices, the ability to absorb new information quickly, the drive to become expert on key accounting responsibilities, and an ability to multi-task at a very fast pace while thinking quickly and clearly.
- Process daily transactions as assigned
- Make calculations as assigned for journal entries
- Complete various spreadsheets and perform analysis such as monthly cost spreadsheets by terminal and quarterly charts for presentations
- Prepare reports using data as assigned
- Assist in maintaining the books of subsidiary entities and prepare financial statements
- Assist in preparing schedules and information for external auditors
- Interact with the IT staff and internal customers to provide information and analysis for improved decision-making
- Research accounting and tax issues using Internet search tools
- Work on projects and assignments in all Treasury and Controllership functions
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance is required
- 1-2 years of public accounting experience is required
- Progress toward the CPA license is preferred
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office: Word and Excel
- Must be fast and accurate with a 10-key
We have an excellent compensation package: competitive salary, insurance, retirement, training, and opportunities for advancement.
5/9/13 – Terrebonne Parish Consolidated Government – 3 Accounting Internships available – Accounting Specialist I – Intern (Part-time Temporary). To perform any office work deemed necessary in the areas of accounting, including but not limited to Audit, Grants, Capital Projects, Cash and Investments, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Filing, and Copying. To assist various sections of the Accounting Division with audit schedules; capital project contract files; grant research; special projects. Reconcile general ledger, bank statements, audit schedules, and other financial management reports. To file and make copies of documents as needed. Must possess strong mathematical and writing skills. Must be proficient with personal computer in particular with Microsoft Office Programs. Must have knowledge of basic office machines. Must have achieved status of at least Junior status with a major in the COB. Email resume to: email@example.com.