11/20/13 – Accounting Clerk position – Louisiana Tank Specialties in Larose is searching for an Accounting Clerk. Recent graduate or graduating senior with an Associate or Bachelors degree in Accounting or Business Degree or related field. The ideal Accounts Payable/Receivable Clerk will communicate effectively with leadership and clients. This individual will apply payments, run receivables reports, along with other responsibilities. This full-time position reports to the controller in this fast-growing, team-oriented organization. For more information, please contact 888-386-3198, attention Ali Smira. Please send all resumes to email@example.com.
12/3/13 – Blanchard Contractors in Cut Off is searching for an Assistant Controller. A recent graduate or graduating senior with a Bachelors degree in Accounting. This individual will communicate directly to the controller and will assist in all aspects of accounting and financial functions. For more information, please contact 985-325-3941, attention Dennis Vegas. Please send all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Local company is currently seeking a degreed accountant to join its Houma location. This position will report directly to the Controllers and offers an excellent opportunity to learn and grow professionally.
Responsibilities for the Position:
· Execute the day-to-day activities related to general ledger and job cost accounting of one of our subsidiaries.
· Perform month-end financial reporting activities in a timely and accurate manner, including preparation of monthly financial statement package for subsidiary company.
· Perform monthly financial statement reconciliations.
· Conduct special accounting projects as needed.
· Assist in enhancing our accounting systems and internal control.
· Assist in various corporate accounting activities.
Qualifications for the Position:
· BS degree in Accounting from an accredited college/university.
· Relevant work experience up to five years or recent graduate.
· Accounting software applications, report writing applications, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word applications.
· Organized, independent, detail-oriented.
· Ideal candidate would hold or is actively pursuing a CPA license.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, including eligibility in our bonus program. Applicants with references are preferred. If interested, please mail your resume’ to:
P.O. Box 310
Houma, LA 70361
12/10/13 – Staff accountant position available at CPA firm in Houma. Looking for a person with an accounting degree. Tax experience preferred, but not necessary.
Mail resume to:
David A. Prevost, CPA
Duplantier, Hrapmann, Hogan & Maher,LLP, CPAs
247 Corporate Drive
Houma, LA 70360