7/28/14 – Terrebonne Parish Consolidated Government – Vacancy Number: 112, Position: Accounting Specialist I – Intern (Until Filled), Department: Finance/Accounting, Salary: $11.27-$17.56 per hour, Open Date: 7/18/2014, Close Date: 12/31/2014 To compile documentation necessary to request reimbursements for various capital projects from Federal and State Governments. Reconcile Bank Statements. To file and make copies of documents as needed. Any other duties as requested by your supervisor. Must possess strong mathematical and writing skills. Must be proficient with personal computer in particular with Microsoft Office programs. Must have a knowledge of basic office machines. Must have at least Junior Standing or in a college. Contact Terrebonne Parish Consolidated Gov. if interested.
8/6/14 – P&N Hiring Additional Claims Analyst Positions in New Orleans, Baton Rouge and Lafayette
P & N is hiring additional claims analysts for the Deepwater Horizon project.
Any interested candidates can apply online at http://www.pncpa.com/CareerCurrentOpenings.asp .
Claims Analyst: Baton Rouge, New Orleans, and Lafayette, LA
Education: B.S. degree is required; Accounting or Finance preferred.
Work Experience: A minimum of one (1) year of relatable work or academic experience required, if degree is other
than Accounting or Finance.
Special Skills: Must be computer literate with the capability of performing at an intermediate or advanced
level with respect to the Microsoft Office Suite of products or similar software applications.
• Must have strong attention to detail and accuracy.
• Must be able to work within a diverse team and demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills.
• Must exhibit a high degree of professionalism including professional appearance, work standards, and
demeanor that is reflective of a professional firm setting.
• Must exhibit the ability to work with sensitive material that requires a high level of confidentiality.
• Must have capacity for performing tasks requiring critical thinking and analytical skills.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
• Must have solid verbal and written communication skills to include the drafting of clear, concise
emails and the presentation of questions that are pertinent to assignments.
• Must possess flexibility to respond to and manage different tasks, often with competing priorities.
• Willingness to accept new task assignments.
8/6/14 – C. S. Controls, Inc., a small manufacturing company located in Houma, LA is looking for an accountant to fill an opening that has become available. The position’s primary duty is to perform all accounting duties as assigned such as:
- Process A/P and A/R
- Performs monthly closing of sub ledgers.
- Prepares financial statements.
- Inputs journal entries.
- Codes receipts and disbursements for input into the general ledger.
- Performs account analysis on general ledger accounts.
- Takes care of insurance for company and employees.
- Prepare audit schedules.
- All other duties as assigned.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
8/12/14 – Position – Controller/Accountant at Edison Chouest Offshore. Accounting Degree required. Please contact Celeste Bychurch at firstname.lastname@example.org or 985-601-5947 for further details.