Students under the age 25 who have never attended any college (or other postsecondary institution) must satisfy the minimum admission standards for freshman described below. This includes students enrolled in the fall term who attended college for the first time in the prior summer.
Louisiana high school graduates must meet all of the following:
- Completion of the Regents’ Core 4 Curriculum (19 units) Curriculum, beginning with the class of 2012; and
- Have at least a 21 ACT composite score or a minimum overall high school GPA of 2.35/4.0; and
- Have the need for no more than one developmental English or math course.*
Out-of-state high schools, home school, or non-state approved high school graduates must meet one of the following:
- Meet the same criteria as students who graduated from a Louisiana high school as listed above; or
- Have at least a 23 ACT composite score and have the need for no more than one developmental English or math course*; or
- Meet the minimum core GPA on at least 17 units of the required HS Core 4 Curriculum, with at least a 21 ACT composite score and a minimum overall high school GPA of 2.35/4.0.
* Effective summer 2014, all applicants must have no need for developmental courses.
- All students are encouraged to apply even if they do not meet all requirements. Such applications will be reviewed on an individual basis and an admissions decision will be made considering each applicant’s potential for success and will include factors such as ACT score, special talents, and the University’s commitment to a demographically diverse student population.
- Students who receive their GED or graduate from Non-Accredited Home School Programs who are under the age of 25 must submit ACT scores with a minimum 23 Composite score in order to be admitted and demonstrate no need for remedial coursework.
- Nicholls State University does not discriminate against students who do not have social security numbers. The admissions requirements are the same as those of US citizens who graduate from Louisiana High Schools.