Go To ↓ Navigation & Information Other Information

Transfer International from a US College or University

International students who wish to pursue undergraduate studies as a transfer student at Nicholls State University must meet the following admission requirements and submit necessary documents.   Transfer students should read the International Transfer Admission Requirements Page.

All documents must be mailed to:

Nicholls State University
Office of Admissions
P.O. Box 2004
Thibodaux, LA 70310

Admissions Requirements

For students transferring from a US College or University  the student must meet the following requirements and submit the documents listed below.

  • Completion of at least the equivalent of 18 university level credit hours.
  • Minimum grade point average of 2.0/4.0
  • Official TOEFL score of 173 CBT or 61 IBT or 6.0 overall score on the IELTS
  • Must have completed university level English and Mathematics course*

Required Documents

Document Link
Application for Admission with $30 application fee.  Applications without the fee will not be processed.  If you choose to mail the application fee, checks or money orders must be drawn on U.S. Bank. www.nicholls.edu/apply and complete the “International Undergraduate” application.  Please note our Deadlines:Deadline for Spring: October 15th
Deadline for Summer: February 15th
Deadline for Fall: May 15th
Summary of Educational Background by Years Form.  This form enables us to evaluate the educational background of our prospective students. Please complete the form beginning with primary school through the institution of last attendance. This form must be filled out and sent along with your application to the address listed above.
Summary of Educational Background by Years
Official University transcripts sent from the University.  If you have attended more than one university, you must submit official transcripts from each University.
Official English Language Translations of University transcripts. List of Translation Services
Official course descriptions from all previous university work.
Official English language translations of course descriptions. List of Translation Services
ACT or SAT score Report Our ACT code is 1580, SAT code is 6221.  Scores must be sent via ACT or SAT.
TOEFL Score Report or IELTS Score ReportThe TOEFL enables us to evaluate the English proficiency of our prospective students. It is a necessary requirement for Admission to Nicholls State University.Students should arrange to take the TOEFL/IELTS as soon as they decide to attend a U.S. university. The student should allow sufficient time in case they have to retake the TOEFL/IELTS to meet the required scores.
Original results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) must be sent directly to Nicholls State University from ETS. The Institution Code for Nicholls is 6221.
Affidavit of Support and Financial StatementThe Affidavit of Support is necessary for the student to prove he/she has sufficient funds to finance one year of study at our University. The student must complete the first part of the form and the student’s sponsor must complete the second part. A financial institution must either sign and stamp the bottom portion of the form or provide verification of funds in a letter on their letterhead.NOTICE: The Office of International Admissions requires original financial documentation. PHOTOCOPIES ARE NOT ACCEPTED.
Affidavit of Support
Immunization FormAll enrolled students at Nicholls (born after January 1, 1957), must provide written proof of immunization.A completed Proof of Immunization Form must be completed and on file in the University Health Services Office. Blank forms are available in the Admissions Office and in Health Services. The form should be completed and signed by a physician or parish health unit.
Please visit www.nicholls.edu/health for the necessary forms.
Housing form and housing depositStudents who will need housing must complete the housing application form and submit the necessary housing deposit.
Transfer Advisor Form sent directly by the U.S. school you are transferring from. (The form will be provided to the applicant by the Office of International Student Admissions at Nicholls State University upon request.) Transfer Advisor Form

Students who have attended an institution of higher education outside of the United States must send to Nicholls an original official transcript from the institution with English translation and a copy of any diploma/certificate earned.  To receive credit for international courses,  students are also required to send a course-by-course evaluation of all courses taken.  Evaluations can be obtained from any of these recognized Credential Evaluation Services

In addition, an English translation of all course descriptions from the school’s catalog of courses listed on the student’s transcript of record should also be sent to Nicholls by the student or school.  All transferable international course work will be assigned a grade of either “Satisfactory” or “Unsatisfactory.”  A cumulative grade point average is still calculated from the original transcript for admission purposes.

Go To ↑ Top