Go To ↓ Navigation & Information Other Information


Q: How do I become a certified athletic trainer?
To become a certified athletic trainer, you must get a degree from a college or university with an accredited athletic training program, then take and pass the exam administered by the Omaha-based Board of Certification. This is the only way to become a certified athletic trainer.

Q: Where do I go to find more information on national certification as an athletic trainer?
A: You can go to Board of Certification Web site or contact staff@bocatc.org or call 877.BOC.EXAM.

Q: Can students join the National Athletic Trainers’ Association?
College students are eligible to join NATA. To learn more about student membership, careers in athletic training and other aspects of the profession, visit the student section of the NATA Web site. Visit our Student Organizations page to learn about the opportunity to join the Nicholls Society of Athletic Training Students and be invited to join the Gamma chapter of Iota Tau Alpha, an athletic training honor society.

Additional questions:
The National Athletic Trainers’ Association provides useful resources that may answer a lot of questions potential athletic training students may have, such as

Go To ↑ Top