Director and Associate Professor of Communicative Disorders
Donna Fitzgerald DeJean began teaching at Nicholls in August of 2011. She has clinical and supervisory experience across educational and healthcare sectors, as well as with a vast diversity of age groups and communication impairments. Her research and specialization is remediation of individuals with chronic brain injury.
Ph.D., Communication Sciences and Disorders, LSU; M.A., Speech Pathology, LSU; B.S., Education- Speech Therapy, LSU.
COMD 279 Language Acquisition; COMD 281 Assessment and Management of Language Disorders; COMD 330Orientation Orientation to Clinical Practice; COMD 400 Aural Rehabiliatation; COMD 430 Clinical Practicum in Speech and Language II; COMD 440 Clinical Practicum in Speech and Language III.
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- Louisiana Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- Florida Speech-Hearing-Language Association
- International Neuropsychological Society
- Sigma Phi Omega Honor Society for Gerontology
- Louisiana Licensed Speech-Language Pathologist
- Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology
- Florida Licensed Speech-Language Pathologist
- American Academy for the Certification of Brain Injury Specialists- Certified Instructor
- Certified Vital Stim Therapy Provider
115 Talbot Hall