FREE INFORMATION SESSION!
Sept. 11, 2014
Rm 132, Peltier Hall, Main Campus
This FREE 1-hour Personal Fitness Training Orientation is designed to provide information for anyone interested in the fitness profession or in becoming a nationally certified personal trainer. This presentation includes a brief overview of the industry and professional trends, a look at the study materials while allowing ample time for a Q & A session.
Please call 985.448.4444 to reserve your spot at the info session today!
Nicholls, in partnership with World Instructor Training Schools (WITS), is proud to offer an exciting new LIVE course to make you into a certified personal trainer! Whether you are a fitness enthusiast who’s looking for extra knowledge and the opportunity to make extra money as a trainer or someone looking to make a career change to a certified fitness professional, your path starts here!
Unlike other certification programs, WITS is offering a live course taught, in-person, by qualified, experienced professionals. You’ll work face-to-face with your instructor through out this 9-week program. You’ll even have the opportunity to perform practical training in the Callais Recreation Center on Nicholls campus. Classroom instruction combined with one-on-one hands-on training will give you the educational advantage other programs simply can not offer!
Come join this fun profession and be a part of what Fortune Magazine & ABC NEWS.com states as the 4th hottest job in the U.S. at a national average of $34 an hour. Employers like 24 Hour Fitness, LA Fitness and Gold’s Gyms are just a few of the club groups that seek WITS graduates. Here a few more details:
- The national exam is held on the 9th week.
- This course is formatted as a 62-hour program and is comprised of 16 hours of lecture, 16 hours of hands on practical training.
- A 30-hour internship that networks many graduates right into a job is required upon completion of course. Approved internship sites provided.
- CPR/AED is needed to receive the certification.
- WITS is the only major certifying body in the country providing comprehensive practical training and internship components.
- Textbook is required and not included in course fees.
Check out the FAQ page for additional information.
- After successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Understand and describe basic anatomy, kinesiology and exercise physiology.
- Assess an individual’s level of fitness using ACSM guidelines.
- Design and customize exercise programs.
- Demonstrate proper execution of resistance, cardio-respiratory and flexibility exercises.
- Identify and demonstrate at least one strength exercise for every major muscle group.
- Explain ACSM and AHA recommendations for cardiovascular exercise.
Dates & Times: Sept. 25-Nov. 22
- Thursdays 6:30 – 8:30 pm (lecture)
- Saturdays 12:00-2:00 pm (practical)
- Thursday lectures: Rm 132, Peltier Hall, Main Campus, Thibodaux (map)
- Saturday practicals: Callais Recreation Center (map)
- Additional cost include textbook that can be purchased by calling WITS @ 1.888.330.9487
W.I.T.S. is an approved CEU provider for the Board of Certification for Athletic Trainers (BOC), the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA), National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork (NCBTMB), Veterans Training and Education, the International Association of Continuing Education and Training (IACET). The American Council on Education has recommended 3 undergraduate academic credits for this course.