During this time of the semester, many are thinking the same thing:
I HOPE I DON’T FAIL!!!
There are five easy steps to follow to decrease this worry.
- In a planner, write down all assignments and due dates.
- If you are unable to fully read material requested, skim the chapters needed. This includes reading the chapter outline, the first and last sentence of every paragraph, all bold material, pictures/diagrams and summaries.
- Keep an accurate record of all grades and points received for each class.
- Begin studying ahead of time. For instance, if you have a test on 8 chapters, start studying nine days before the test. Study one chapter a night and then the night before the test, you can review all material.
- Develop an instructor/peer relationship with your teacher. This will give you a chance to get to know him or her and increase the likelihood of you knowing what they will expect on assignments. Also, some instructors are willing to give extra credit for extra assignments.
These are just a few simple steps to follow to decrease your stress load.