Everyday relationships tremendously affect the quality of our daily lives. Consider the following: Ten Tips for Healthy Relationships!
- Keep expectations realistic accepting people as they are and not trying to change them!
- Talk with each other.Take the time. Really be there. Genuinely listen. Listen with your ears and your heart. Ask questions.
- Share information. Be generous in sharing yourself, but don’t overwhelm others with too much too soon.
- Be flexible.
- Take care of you. Don’t forget to please yourself. Healthy relationships are mutual.
- Be dependable.
- Fight fair. Most relationships have some conflict. It only means you disagree about something, it doesn’t have to mean you don’t like each other!
- Show your warmth.
- Keep your life balanced. Don’t overload on activities, but do use your time at college to try new things
It’s a process. Healthy relationships can be learned and practiced and keep getting better.Be yourself!
Source: Joyce Woodford: http://www.k-state.edu/counseling/relatn.html