To be admitted into the curriculum and instruction program at Nicholls, applicants should possess the following:
- A bachelor’s degree or graduate degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- A minimum GPA of 2.50 on the final 60 hours of undergraduate coursework attempted.
- A minimum score of 1,100 is required on the formula: GPA on last 60 undergraduate hours times 200, plus the GRE General Test score (taken before August 1, 2011).
A minimum score of 335 is required on the formula: GPA on last 60 undergraduate hours times 20, plus the GRE General Test score (taken after August 1, 2011).
- A satisfactory score of 3.5 on the writing component of the GRE.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Interview with program emphasis area faculty.
- A valid permanent-type teacher’s certificate.
- 18-24 hours in professional education as appropriate for the level selected.