Seven principles of good practice in undergraduate education as described by Chickering and Gamson (1987):
- encourages contact between students and faculty,
- develops reciprocity and cooperation among students,
- encourages active learning,
- gives prompt feedback,
- emphasizes time on task,
- communicates high expectations, and
- respects diverse talents and ways of learning.
Educational technology is the “study and ethical practice of facilitating learning and improving performance by creating, using and managing appropriate technological processes and resources” (Richey, 2008). Educational technology includes, but is not limited to, hardware and software, as well as Internet applications and activities.
Within these webpages are resources designed to help faculty implement technology into their classes and class preparation. In addition, resources for students are available. These student resources can be used in their classes and organizations. There is a page of Blackboard help resources. In addition, one page contains a link to purchase Microsoft Office 2007 at a really great price and steps to allow your IE7 browser in Vista to receive Nicholls e-mail messages. The pages will be updated periodically with recent tool/technology developments and useful resources.
- May 25, 2010 at 1:58 pmSeveral additional pages have been added to the Blackboard Help and Known Problems page. The new pages include the topics of the Discussion Board and Tools....
- February 19, 2010 at 9:57 amLinks to sites offering free training in Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and other software packages has been added under Additional Resources for All....
- August 20, 2009 at 2:09 pmSeveral files explaining how to use the different components of the Grade Center have been added to the page, Blackboard Help and Known Problems....
- August 20, 2009 at 1:45 pmStudents using Internet Explorer 8 may experience problems when taking quizzes and exams in Blackboard; the submit button may not be visible. Click on the “compatibility button” will fix this problem. For more information on the compatibility button, select the link to the left labeled “Blackboard Help and Known Problems” and scroll down to the bottom of the page....
- April 27, 2009 at 11:45 amIn need of forms when planning for future classes? The template (which was loaded from the M drive) for Nicholls syllabi and a sample agreement letter (thanks to Dr. Betty Kleen) for students taking WWW classes has been added to the Suggestions and Resources for Online Classes page....