The mission of the Office of Financial Aid is to increase opportunities for student access to and success in higher education by helping students and their families seek, obtain, and make the best use of all financial resources.
Through financial literacy and guidance, we support incoming students in making a successful transition to college. Furthermore, we contribute to the University’s retention efforts by providing on-going assistance to our continuing students to help make their academic endeavors attainable.
While complying with Federal, State, and Institutional regulations and guidelines, we ensure equity and consistency in the delivery of funds to students.
- Provide courteous and efficient service and financial aid support to students, faculty, administrative and auxiliary services to foster institutional effectiveness.
- Assist qualified students in meeting their educational goals through effective utilization of scholarships and dissemination of scholarship retention information.
- Stimulate and promote valuable work experiences beneficial to the student, University, and the community.
- Distribute available financial assistance to as many eligible students as possible; many of whom might otherwise be unable to attend the University.
- Further the University’s recruitment and retention efforts through participation in a variety of service activities involving students, families, faculty, staff, and members of the community.