FAMILY SERVICE CENTER PROVIDES:
In-Home Services, Community-Based Services and/or Center-Based Services in Lafourche, Terrebonne, Assumption and St. Mary Parishes. Service to DCFS referrals also includes lower St. Martin Parishes.
Department of Children & Family Services Referral Form – This form should be utilized by referring caseworkers from the Office of Community Services.
SCLHSA / CART Referral Form – This form should be utilized by referring agents from the Office of Behavioral Health &/or CART worker who initiates a referral for services.
- Therapeutic Intervention: individual, family and/or group counseling / therapy
- Psychological Evaluations: process of obtaining information about an individual or family to be used in screening, diagnosing, determining level of functioning and eligibility, and monitoring progress during treatment or intervention
- Skill-Building: individual, family and/or group educational services geared toward improving behaviors for independent living (family skills training)
- Educational Services: assistance and/or tutelage in obtaining improvements in identified areas
- PREP (Prevention Relationship Enhancement Program) – curriculum based program designed to teach couples communication and problem solving skills that are linked to effective relationship functioning.
- Mentoring: 5 month program which matches youth with positive adult role models to facilitate youth attainment of prosocial, age appropriate interactional skills and behavior
- Parenting: individual and/or group sessions focused on effective parenting techniques, positive discipline, improving communication skills, child-management, etc.; utilization of Effective Black Parenting Program, Strengthening Families Program, STEP & Nurturing Program for Parents of Infants, Toddlers and Pre-Schoolers and Nurturing Parents Skill Building Program
- Get Connected Summer Youth Camp: 1 week summer program that provides age appropriate educational and recreational activities to enhance social interaction, strengthen self-esteem, foster development, and promote overall well-being of youth
- Supervised Visitation Facilities: assistance to families involved in reunification process; safe, secure site provided for family visitation
- Visit Coaching: provides experiential guidance to families meeting the needs of their children; primary focus is on coaching the parent to meet the safety, attachment and developmental needs of their children
- Transportation: vouchers, transportation or establishment of transportation plan for consumers to case management appointments and/or service appointments
- Assisted Referrals: education and referral to community resources for establishing improved mental health of children and families
- Case Management: coordination, integration and monitoring of consumer services; client advocacy
- Support Services: collaboration with existing community agencies for housing, employment, financial assistance and involvement in recreational and educational programs
- Training: collaboration with existing community agencies for child/family training relative to assessed need; topics include but are not limited to anger management, conflict resolution, addiction, substance use prevention and education, family prevention, self-esteem, decision-making, problem-solving, foster grandparent program, employment training, financial management, home economics, skills training, on-job training
- Information, Referral and Advocacy Services: collaboration with existing Family Resource Center to access community referrals, lending library and family support, as well as direct referral to community agencies; client advocacy in educational and judicial proceedings
ADDITIONAL SERVICE MENU AVAILABLE FOR RESIDENTS OF SENATOR CIRCLE THROUGH LE CIRQUE CLINIC AT HOUMA SITE:
- Educational Module: after school tutoring & educational assistance to improve & promote academic readiness & performance
- Recreational Module: outdoor & indoor recreational activities to enhance physical development & promote physical wellness
- Arts & Creativity Module: multi-sensory activities to improve creative expression &overall creativity via arts
- Life Skills Module: interpersonal & intrapersonal trainings to increase adaptive life skills
- Mentoring: individualized interactions with positive adult role models to foster age appropriate pro-social interactional skills
- Support Groups: sessions within the group modality to improve interpersonal relationships, promote positive group identity and increase adaptive skills (BLING, HYPE, Me-Myself & I)
- Mommy & Me / Daddy & Me: nurturing ‘play’ interactions to promote supportive parent-child relationships, strengthen emotional bonds and foster positive attachments
- Grandparent Appreciation: group gatherings to validate members for their contributions to the overall support and wellness of the community
- Community Resource Networking & Referrals – education and awareness of available resources within the tri-parish region with emphasis placed on local resources within Terrebonne parish
- Parent Support: individualized sessions to support and empower parents to accomplish personalized goals that will strengthen the overall functioning of the family unit (GED preparation, job readiness and multi-media training)
- Parent Education: individualized and/or group sessions to increase effective parenting techniques & child management interventions and promote positive discipline patterns
- Parent Council: meetings to identify community needs and implement solutions, foster community bonding and promote community cohesion
- Community Service Component: opportunities to complete and satisfy the community service hour requirements outlined in the Houma/Terrebonne Housing Authority lease agreement
- Families residing in Senator Circle may self-refer; walk-in’s welcomed.
CART REFERRAL FORM
This form should be utilized by individuals needing crisis intervention services in Lafourche, Terrebonne, St. Mary, Assumption, St. John, St. Charles, and St. James Parishes.
- Safety Plan
- Resolution Plan
- Prevention Plan
- Follow up