Students who have attended another graduate school and wish to apply to the Nicholls Graduate School must:
- be eligible for readmission to the graduate school of the college or university from which they are transferring and
- meet Nicholls Graduate School requirements.
NOTE: Students may transfer credit earned from a regionally accredited college or university to Nicholls as long as:
- the hours of credit transferred does not exceed one third of the total credit hours required for their degree program,
- they earned no lower than a B in the transferred courses and
- the transfer credit is applicable to the degree program.
Students must formally petition their academic dean for acceptance of transfer graduate credit. Credit earned at another institution while under academic or nonacademic suspension will not be accepted by Nicholls for transfer. Transfer credits are subject to the six-year time limitation to satisfy all master’s degree requirements.