Submit to the Nicholls Office of International Student Admissions:
To begin the admissions process, applicants should submit the following to the Nicholls Office of International Student Admission (P.O. Box 2004 / Thibodaux, LA 70310).
- Application for Admission: An application may be submitted electronically through the Online Application for Admission.
- Application fee: A non-refundable application fee of $30, in the form of a check or money order, must be mailed to the Office of Admissions. Checks must be drawn on a U.S. bank. Cash is accepted if brought to the Office of Admissions. An application is not processed until the fee is received.
- Summary of Educational Background by Years Form: This form enables Nicholls to evaluate the educational background of prospective students. Download and print the Summary of Educational Background by Years Form (PDF).
- Official secondary school transcripts with official English translation.
- Official certification of degree earned with official English translation.
- ACT or SAT score report.
- Standardized test scores: Scores required for your program (GRE, GMAT, Praxis), if any, must be sent directly from the testing service provider.
- TOEFL score report: The TOEFL is used to evaluate the English proficiency of our prospective students and is an admission requirement. Students should arrange to take the TOEFL as soon as they decide to attend a U.S. university. The results must be sent directly to Nicholls State University from ETS. The institutional code for Nicholls is 6221.
- Affidavit of Support and Financial Statement: The Affidavit of Support proves that students have sufficient funds to finance one year of study at Nicholls. Students must complete the first part of the form, and their sponsor must complete the second part. A financial institution must either sign and stamp the bottom portion of the form or provide verification of funds in a letter on its letterhead. Download the Affidavit of Support (PDF).
- Official transcripts and course descriptions from previous university work: Complete transcripts from all previously attended universities must be sent to the Office of Admissions. Download and print the Record Request Form (PDF).
- Copies of current I-20 and I-94 forms (if transferring to Nicholls from within the United States).
- Immunization form: All enrolled Nicholls students must provide written proof of immunization. Visit the Health Services Immunization page for more information and to download the form.
- Transfer Adviser Form: For applicants transferring to Nicholls from within the United States, this form must be sent to Nicholls directly by the U.S. school you are transferring from. Download Transfer Adviser Form (PDF).
Submit to your program:
Each academic program determines its admission criteria and requirements. Beyond what must be received by the Office of Admissions, most programs require additional materials, such as program-specific applications, resumes, letters of recommendation, etc. Each program also has separate deadlines. Go to your program’s application information page: