The Graduate Council is an academic standing committee as per the Policies and Procedures Manual section 18.104.22.168. It reports to the Director of Graduate Studies.
Duties and Procedures
- Reviews curriculum, program, and policy proposals related to graduate studies.
- Serves as an appeals board for grievances.
- Hears student petitions for readmission after suspension and for extensions of time to complete a graduate degree.
- Recommends students for candidacy and for graduation.
- Reviews University Bulletin changes related to graduate matters.
- Reviews applications for appointment to the Graduate faculty.
- Convenes as the request of the Director of Graduate Studies or the Council chair once a semester and otherwise as needed.
- The Council at its first meeting of the fall semester elects the chair.
To place an item on the Council agenda, contact the Director of Graduate Studies, the Council Chair, or a graduate studies coordinator. The agenda is generally developed by the Director.
The Council consists of fifteen members as follows:
- Two Regular Members of the graduate faculty elected in the College of Business Administration, the College of Education, and the College of Nursing and Allied Health. One Regular Member elected in the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Graduate studies coordinators from the College Business Administration, Education, and Nursing and Allied Health, and from the Departments of Biological Sciences and Department of Mathematics. (ex officio)
- Director of the Library (ex officio, nonvoting).
- Representative of Records and Registration (ex officio, nonvoting).
- Director of Graduate Studies (ex officio, nonvoting).
Application Forms for Membership on Graduate Faculty
- GraduateFacultyApp-Revised August 2013 (3)
- Graduate Faculty Biographical Sketch Template August 2013