The Department of History and Geography offers a Bachelor of Arts in History and a Pre-Geography minor.
A major in History requires the completion of 36 hours of History. Among the 18 hours of History electives, the major is required to complete three upper level hours (advisor-approved) in each of the following areas: United States, European, non-Western History.
- HIST 101 & 102 - History of Western Civilization
- HIST 150 & 151 - World History
- HIST 255 - American History I
- HIST 256 - American History II
- GOVT 200+ – Government Elective (3 hours)
- HIST 200+ – History Elective (3 hours)
- HIST 300+ - History Elective (15 hours)
- HIST 491 - Seminar in History
- Social Sciences 300+ – Social Sciences Elective (6 hours)
Pre-Geography Program and Minor
The curriculum is designed to ease the transition into advanced work at other institutions offering four-year programs. A minor in Geography requires the completion of 18 semester hours from any GEOG courses or GEOL 300.
- GEOG 103 – Physical Geography
- GEOG 104 – World Regional Geography
- GEOL 101 – Physical Geology
- GEOL 102 – Historical Geology
- GEOG and GEOL electives – (12 hours)