Staff Assistant (SA) Job Description
Duration: Two-semester (fall and spring) or summer appointment
Reports To: Hall Director
Qualifications: Must be a full-time NSU student. Priority is given to students living in the residence halls.
Student Assistants serve as greeters and receptionists for out residence halls. This is primarily a customer service position. SAs also answer phones, take messages, check out equipment, assist visitors, and monitor entrances to the buildings and common areas, logging observations in a log book and calling for appropriate assistance when necessary.
1. Adhere to all procedures as outlined in the front desk manual. Most of the SAs job requirements are found in this manual.
2.Know all residence hall policies and report violations.
3. Maintain records neatly and privately. Maintain confidentiality at all times.
4. Keep work area clean and free of clutter.
5. Serve as a positive role model for other students.
6. Perform other duties as assigned.