As you look for a roommate, take time to compare your personality traits and lifestyles.
Discuss your living habits and past living experiences. Talk about what each of you expects in a roommate relationship. This partnership should be one which compliments both parties.
Consider and discuss these things…
- Sharing arrangements for food, phone and Internet
- Sharing arrangements for cleaning and tidiness
- Personal habits and needs
- Loaning and borrowing personal property
- Smoking, drugs and alcohol use
- Entertainment and guests
- Music and television
- Personality traits and communication patterns