Highlights of the Fall 2011 MAPP test include:
- The mean total score was 440.01, with a possible range of 400-500.
- 60% of eligible Nicholls students (i.e., that have completed their general education courses) were rated proficient on Level 1 Reading
- Only 4% of eligible students were rated proficient on the Critical Thinking portion of the test
- 61% of eligible students were rated proficient on Level 1 Writing
- 47% of eligible students were rated proficient on Level 1 Mathematics
Trend analyses - To see changes in overall mean scores, subscores by subject area, and “context-based” subscores (Humanities, Social Sciences, and Natural Sciences) on the MAPP test for Nicholls students between Fall 2006 – Fall 2011, click here. Click on the attached links to see changes in Level 1 proficiency status over this time for reading, critical thinking, writing, and mathematics.
History - For MAPP mean score and proficiency level results for all administrations between Fall 2006 – Fall 2010, click on the appropriate links below: