Exchange programs: Direct semester or year of study with Nicholls’ partner universities.
Faculty led programs: On-site international experience organized and led by Nicholls’ faculty members.
One of the most rewarding experiences a student can have is the opportunity to study abroad. Nicholls State University offers several study abroad programs and options to students who wish to add an international experience to their academic studies.
Studying abroad will help you to –
- gain a greater degree of intercultural understanding – You will view yourself and others in a different, more enlightened way;
- learn or improve your foreign language skills – There is no better way to do so than being in contact with native speakers;
- be a better job candidate – In a global economy, an international experience can give you a competitive edge on your resume;
- make life-long connections – Meet new people, experience new food and culture and create new friendships.
Studying abroad can be a life-changing experience. We encourage all Nicholls students to pursue a part of their studies in an international setting.
For Exchange programs, students pay tuition to Nicholls State, not to the partner university.
Students are responsible for their own living expenses while studying at partner universities.
Visit the following links to learn about the various study abroad programs offered by Nicholls State:
~ For exchange programs:
1. Complete a Study abroad application form
2. Meet with your academic Department Head to get approval for study abroad exchange program.
3. Turn in the application at International Students services in Student life.
~ For faculty led programs:
Contact the faculty member in charge of the program for application information and deadlines.
~ For summer exchange programs:
Visit the programs here or contact the academic departments for information.