netLibrary is now EBSCO eBook Collection. Ellender Memorial Library has access to over 65,000 electronic titles through EBSCO eBook Collection.
Old accounts created under netLibrary are no longer valid. You may, if you wish, create a MyEBSCOHost account to add personalization features to your experience. Information on using the EBSCOHost platform is available here.
Downloading to a Portable Device:
2. Adobe Digital Editions installed on a computer (You can download for free.)
3. An Adobe ID (You can create one for free.)
4. A MyEBSCOHost Account (You can create one for free.)
To download an eBook (to a computer first):
1. Click the Download (Offline) link for the eBook you would like to download.
2. Select a Checkout period from the drop-down menu and click the Checkout & Download button
The eBook will be added to the Checkouts area of the folder. If you are not logged into your My EBSCOhost folder, you will be prompted to do so.
3. Select Open with or Save File from the resulting dialog box.
If you select Open with, your eBook will be opened with Adobe® Digital Editions. If you select Save file, the eBook will be saved to your computer and can be opened with Adobe® Digital Editions at a later time.
4. When a downloaded eBook is opened, it is displayed in Adobe® Digital Editions.
To transfer an eBook from Adobe Digital Editions to your portable device:
1. Open your downloaded eBook in Adobe Digital Editions. If you have not authorized Adobe Digital Editions with your Adobe ID on this computer, you will need to complete that step first. You will be prompted to enter your Adobe ID and Password the first time you try to open a NetLibrary eBook with Digital Editions on your computer.
2. Connect your portable device to your computer.
3. Adobe Digital Editions automatically detects the presence of your device and offers to authorize it with your Adobe ID. Just as the Adobe Digital Editions software must be authorized with your Adobe ID, the portable device must also be authorized to be able to transfer protected content to and from the device. After authorization, the device appears as a new bookshelf in your library.
4. Transfer items to and from the device bookshelf by clicking on the book title, then dragging and dropping the title into the device bookshelf.
Note: Do not disconnect the device while you are in the process of transferring a title to the device.
20 eBooks at a time for up to 7 days. Re-downloads are available to you during the checkout period, or if you checkout the item again at a later date are available. The number of available copies varies by title.
Off-Campus users will have to login to the databases first (using third party ID and BANNER number), and then into MyEBSCOHost using the account you have created or can create.
- eBooks & Audiobooks on EBSCOhost Search Tutorial
- eBooks on EBSCOhost Downloading Tutorial
- Creating a MyEBSCOhost Account