The main circulation desk is located on the second floor of the library. This is where materials on the second floor may be checked out. This also is where most reserve materials are kept.
Check-out privileges are granted to all currently enrolled students, faculty, staff, and courtesy card users at Nicholls State University. For students, faculty, and staff, the NSU Colonel Card (campus I.D.) serves as the library card.
Community members not affiliated with Nicholls can purchase courtesy cards (valid for one year, limited privileges) at the circulation desk for $12.
Most of the items in the library circulate. However, there are some which do not. These are noted in our catalog as “non-circulating.”
|Books||3 weeks||end of semester||3 weeks|
|Most videos, CDs||3 days||7 days||3 days|
|Most reserves||4 Hours *||4 Hours *||4 Hours *|
* These items must be used in the library department they are housed in.
You may renew an item up to 3 times (as long as if it is NOT overdue and if another patron has not placed a hold on the item you have checked out).
To renew items:
- Go to the circulation desk before the due date. Bring your Colonel Card.
- Items can be renewed online if your account with the library is in good standing (no overdues, lost items, etc.).
For students, your “User ID” is your third party ID (first part of your Nicholls email).
Your “pin” is your BANNER Number (N Number).
Each overdue item accrues a fine of $0.25/day.
If you return overdue materials in person (brought to the circulation desk, not via the book returns), fines may be paid at that time. If fines are not paid when the items are returned, billing will be handled through the Controller’s Office.
Fines for circulating reserve materials are:
- 2- or 4-hour checkouts: $0.60/hour
- Overnight, 3- or 7-day checkouts: $1.20/day
Non-returned items are considered “lost” after 40 days past the due date.
After 50 days, the patron is billed for:
|Book cost **||$63.56 **|
(not to exceed $10.00 per item)
($5.00 per item)
** Represents an average book cost only.
The replacement cost of any given book can be much higher.
A refund (for cost of the book only) will be issued if:
- you return the lost book (in the same condition it was in at time of check out).
- you replace the book. A librarian MUST inspect and approve the replacement. (See a librarian for details.)