Within six years, our department graduates 20 percent of our majors compared to 17 percent for the remaining 39 degree programs at the University.
- In Fall 2006 20 first-time freshmen enrolled at Nicholls with the intention to major in Mass Communication.
- In Fall 2007, six of those students remained in the program for a 30% retention rate (the rate for the remaining 39 degree programs at the University was 45%).
- In Fall 2008, five of those students remained for a 25% retention rate (the University rate was 29%).
- In Fall 2009 those five students still remained for a 25% retention rate (the University rate was 23%).
- 10% of the MACO 2006 cohort graduated within four years, while the University program average was 8%.
- 15% of the MACO cohort graduated with in five years, equal to the University’s five-year program average.
- 20% of the MACO cohort graduated within six years, while the University program average was 17%.
Mass Communication enrollment statistics*:
- Spring 2013 | 157 majors
- Fall 2012 | 154 majors
*Most current statistics as of 8/21/2013