Department of Music Links:
- Department of Music Student Handbook 2015-2016 (pdf)
- Calendar of Events
- Student Organizations/Professional Music Fraternities
- Music Course List
- Music Scholarship Information
- Career Opportunities
Spring 2015 Masterclass and Recital 55 @ 4F
(must attend 5 out of 6)
February 27 – Talbot 215
March 6 – Talbot 215
March 20 – Talbot 215
March 27 – Talbot 215
April 17 – Talbot 215
April 24 – Talbot 215
(see instructor for location and grading questions)
Click here to download the Recital 55 form (must be completed and submitted by noon on the day before the performance)
- A student must earn the grade of C or higher in each required course for the major or minor and meet all graduation requirements as stated under General University Requirements for the Baccalaureate Degree in the Nicholls Catalog.
- All music majors enrolled in a studio lesson must perform a board exam during finals week at the end of each semester. The requirements are specified in each course syllabus according to level of study.
- At the completion of the fourth semester of study, all music majors must take the barrier exam, which will determine continued study at the junior level. This exam consists of an expanded board exam plus a self-study piece.
- A student majoring in music education concentration must meet all requirements for admission and progression through the teacher education curriculum, student teaching and graduation as stated under College of Education in the Nicholls Catalog.
- One year after graduation, the Department of Music will ask each alumnus to complete an online survey regarding his/her current address; current job title, location and teaching responsibilities; and suggestions for improving our degree programs. In subsequent years alumni who participate in LMEA District VII Large Ensemble Festivals, hosted by the Department, will be asked to update their current information and make suggestions.