Admission Procedures for graduate nursing program:
- Apply for admission to Nicholls State University Graduate School in Banner. For more information on Graduate School click here.
- Have official transcripts from all universities attended sent to Nicholls State University Office of Admissions.
- Have official GRE scores sent to Nicholls State University Office of Admissions. Information about the GRE is located at www.gre.org
- Once the Graduate School application has been completed and application fee paid, the applicant must complete the following requirements specific to the MSN program and submit to the address listed below :
- Complete (MSN Nursing Application) form online, print, and include with documents.
- Current resume` including full name, address, telephone number(s), email address(es), academic preparation, degrees held, honors, awards, special interest work history, and other relevant information.
- Evidence of a valid, unencumbered Louisiana Registered Nurse license. Print verification and include with documents. (LSBN)
- Two (2) Letters of Recommendation. Each completed recommendation form must be enclosed in a sealed envelope with the recommender’s signature over the seal of the envelope.
- A statement of intent/purpose explaining:
- goal(s) in pursuing a graduate degree in nursing,
- professional strengths and weaknesses,
- preferred area of interest (ie. chronic pain children; cardiac conditions; mental health disorders) and why,
- leadership contributions (current or past) to the profession and/or community and
- long range goals upon completion of graduate degree in nursing
(cover page, double spaced, limit 500 word count)
- Signed acknowledgment of document Checklist.
Submit all required documents in a single envelope (9″ x 12″) to:Nicholls State University Department of Nursing Attn: Graduate Coordinator P. O. Box 2143 Thibodaux, LA 70310
All application materials must be submitted for review by the deadline posted on the graduate nursing website for consideration to begin coursework.
Continue to the Curriculum Degree Plans