Admission Procedures for graduate nursing program:
- Apply for admission to Nicholls State University Graduate School in Banner. For more information on Graduate School click here.
- Have official transcripts from all universities attended sent to Nicholls State University Office of Admissions.
- Have official GRE scores sent to Nicholls State University Office of Admissions. Information about the GRE is located at www.gre.org
- Once the Graduate School application has been completed and application fee paid, the applicant must complete the following requirements specific to the MSN program and submit to the address listed below :
- Complete (MSN Application) form online, print, and include with documents.
- Current resume` including full name, address, telephone number(s), email address(es), academic preparation, degrees held, honors, awards, special interest work history, and other relevant information.
- Evidence of a valid, unencumbered Louisiana Registered Nurse license. Print verification and include with documents. (LSBN)
- Two (2) Letters of Recommendation. Each completed recommendation form must be enclosed in a sealed envelope with the recommender’s signature over the seal of the envelope.
- A statement of intent/purpose explaining:
- goals in pursuing a graduate degree in nursing,
- professional strengths and weaknesses,
- area of interest to be studied,
- past or current leadership contributions (i.e. professional organizations, community activities), and
- long range plans for nursing practice upon completion of graduate study
(formally written, cover page, 350 words, double spaced)
- Signed acknowledgment of document Checklist.
Submit all required documents in a single envelope (9″ x 12″) to:Nicholls State University Department of Nursing Attn: Graduate Coordinator P. O. Box 2143 Thibodaux, LA 70310
All materials must be submitted for review by the deadline posted on the graduate nursing website for consideration to begin coursework.
Continue to the Curriculum Degree Plans