Police and Parking Services 2013 Goals
1. Update the Emergency Flip Charts for the campus.
Student outcome: To be able to identify what to do if an emergency arises. Done
Assessment: Flip charts were updated and distributed on campus, including offices and classrooms.
2. To update and obtain signed Mutual Aid agreements with our regional law enforcement partners.
Student Outcome: To improve learning ability by knowing that law enforcement agencies are working together to provide a safe campus and learning environment. Done
Assessment: We have signed a mutual Aid Agreement with all regional law enforcement agencies in our area: Terrebonne Parish Sheriff’s Office, Lafourche Parish Sheriff’s Office, Thibodaux Police Department, Houma Police Department, and Louisiana State Police.
3. To participate and support at least one community event with our regional law enforcement partners.
Student Outcome: Will be able to see what the police department offers to future students. Done
Assessment: We participated in the public Law Enforcement Expo and the Louisiana Community Partnership Summit.
4. Improve our patrol fleet by replacing at least one vehicle.
Student Outcome: Students will be able to see that the police department has adequate equipment to respond to their needs. Done
Assessment: A 2013 Ford Explorer was purchased.
5. To participate in at least one regional training event with our regional law enforcement partners.
Student Outcome: Students will be informed that the police department trains and is current with local crime trends. Done
Assessment: The police department participated in an Active Shooter Training exercise with local law enforcement.
6. To partner with Department of Safety and Environmental Health and the Department of Media Relations to perform at least one training session per semester for faculty, staff and students on emergency notifications and responses to the campus.
Student Outcome: Students will learn what expectations the police department will have for them during an emergency. Done
Assessment: Conducted four training sessions with faculty and staff on Emergency Preparation. Over 200 people were trained.
7. To provide at least 1 outside training course for each officer on what to do during and specific emergency on campus.
Student Outcome: Students will receive informative information and proper assistance from a trained police officer. Done
Assessment: Officers attended emergency preparedness training at the Lafourche Parish Government Emergency Operations Center.
8. Complete the department’s CAS review and presentation.
Student Outcome: Students will be able to view documented proof of the police department’s performance. Done
Assessment: CAS Review was completed and assessment reviewed by evaluators.
9. Begin the accreditation process with IACLEA for the Police Department
Student outcome: Students will receive the most current services and professionalism from their police department. Not Met
Assessment: Was not meant due to lack of funding.
10. Update our department brochures and information boards, and establish a waiting room in the police department.
Student Outcome: Students will have the current contact information and data on the police department. Done
Assessment: Information about the police department was updated and posted on bulletin boards as well as on the department website.
1. Change the office hours allowing Parking Services to open at 7:00 am in the morning.
Student Outcome: Students will have more time to get a decal before classes start to prevent them from getting tickets for not having a parking decal. Done
Assessment: Hours were adjusted to have parking staff available at times suited for students.
2. Update the Parking Decals to represent a university building.
Student Outcome: Students will be able to identify campus buildings. Done
Assessment: Decals showcase Elkins Hall
3. Evaluate the parking spaces on campus to add student spaces near the academic buildings.
Student Outcome: Students can park legally next class rooms and should receive fewer tickets. Done
Assessment: 36 additional parking spaces were added for students on Acadian Drive and Madewood Drive.
4. Improve the Parking Office counters to give individual ample room to write and conduct business.
Student Outcome: Students will have adequate space to perform their business. Done
Assessment: A new counter was installed at the Parking Services window.
5. To purchase new barricades for parking events.
Student Outcome: Students will be able to identify parking lots that are closed and should receive fewer tickets. Done
Assessment: 30 barricades were added to the inventory.
6. Improve the brochures for Parking Services and create an information board for the individuals to be informed.
Student Outcome: Students will have the current contact information and data on Parking Services. Done
Assessment: Information about Parking Services was added to the website.