Psi Chi is the national honor society in psychology, founded in 1929 to encourage, stimulate and maintain excellence in scholarship and advance the science of psychology. Psi Chi is a member of the Association of College Honor Societies and is an affiliate of the American Psychological Association and the Association for Psychological Science.
Undergraduate student applicants to Psi Chi must:
- be at least a second-semester sophomore,
- be enrolled as a major or minor in the psychology program,
- have completed at least nine semester hours of psychology,
- have an overall GPA of at least 3.0 and
- have a psychology GPA of at least 3.2.
Graduate student applicants to Psi Chi must:
- be enrolled as a graduate student in a psychology graduate program and
- have an overall GPA of at least 3.0 including psychology courses.
Lifetime membership is $40 ($35 national dues and $5 chapter dues).
For more information, contact the Psychology Department at 985.448.4370.