The Office of Campus Recreation’s goal is to educate members on how to safely and effectively exercise for life. A certified personal trainer can work with you one-on-one to develop a training program that fits your needs. Personal trainers will instruct you on proper technique throughout a wide variety of exercises and machines, all while motivating you to meet your fitness goals.
Should I work with a Personal Trainer
You should hire a personal trainer if:
- You are unsure of how or where to begin and need instruction on health and fitness information to put you on the right track.
- You want an individualized workout that caters to your fitness needs and is time efficient.
- You need motivation.
- Your fitness level has plateaued and you need results.
- You are training for a specific event and want to enhance your performance.
Do I qualify to work with a Personal Trainer
- You must be a member of the Harold J. Callais Student Recreation Center
- You must complete the informational documents prior to exercise
- You must complete a consultation/fitness assessment prior to your first workout
Conduct of training sessions
- All training sessions will be conducted at the Harold J. Callais Student Recreation Center
- Training sessions will last no longer than 60 minutes
- Training sessions are one-on-one
- Training sessions are to be conducted by a current Campus Recreation personal trainer.
- All cancellations must be made 24 hours in advance. A “no-show” will be considered a session serviced and the client will be charged.
- All sessions must be purchased in advance.