The Department of Campus Recreation offers exercise, fitness and recreational sports opportunities for the Nicholls State University community. While fostering a motivational atmosphere of fun and excitement, the department strives to enhance the physical development of the campus community through such programs as competitive intramural sports activities and league play, fitness and wellness and group exercise.
Through a partnership with the University Counseling Center and the Department of Health Services, Campus Recreation is committed to complementing the mission of Nicholls State University through contributions to the holistic wellness of the campus community. – Reviewed 7/2/13
- To provide information, services and support for student development and fitness.
- To collaborate with other departments to provide wellness services for student academic success.
- To encourage student participation in activities which promote healthy lifestyles.
- To develop and promote leadership opportunities for students.
STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Participants will explain and develop interactive team building skills.
- Student employees will demonstrate excellent customer service behaviors.