Click Here for Application
PROCEDURE FOR SGA FRESHMAN ELECTION PETITIONS
- Be sure to complete all your personal information.
- Be sure to sign the petition in script. This allows the SGA to check your records to make sure you are a full time freshman, (at least 7 hours or more).
- Return petition to the SGA office by 4:30 P.M. DEADLINE – THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 4, 2014.
- Before you begin campaigning you must attend a Candidates Meeting on FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 5, 2014. TIME AND LOCATION TO BE DETERMINED AT A LATER DATE. At this meeting all election rules and regulations will be explained to you. CANDIDATE MUST ATTEND THIS MEETING IN ORDER TO BE ELIGIBLE TO RUN FOR ELECTION.
- Candidate will be responsible for removing all campaign material from campus within 48 hours following end of election. Failure to do so will result in a fine of up to $50 per sign/advertisement per day. This fine will be entered as indebtedness on candidate’s financial record until paid in full.
- After election results will be posted. Those elected will receive a letter, at the beginning of term, listing dates of meetings. You will be expected to attend all meetings of the SGA.
DUTIES OF A SENATOR
– Serve on at least two (2) SGA committees.
– Serve on university committees–keep senate informed.
– For every SGA mandated event, participate at least one half (1/2) hour.
– Represent constituents of your educational college through regular contact.
– Make weekly senate meetings (Mondays at 4:00 p.m.)
– Bring legislation before Senate.
– Understand parliamentary procedure, leadership techniques and group dynamics.
– Understand the SGA Constitution and Bylaws and the policies and procedures contained therein.
– Distribute copies of all pertinent information dealing with legislation they authored to each Senator 24 hours before meeting at which it is to be presented.
– One Senator from each college is required to post printed copies of the SGA minutes on their respective college bulletin boards within the week of the regular meeting.