Kappa Omicron Nu is an honorary family and consumer sciences society that fosters professional activities and interests. KONu furthers the best interests of family and consumer sciences by recognizing and encouraging scholastic achievement, leadership development and fellowship among faculty and students.
Membership is based on the following student eligibility requirements:
- signify intent to complete a major in family and consumer sciences,
- have a minimum average of 3.5 in family and consumer sciences courses,
- have a minimum overall GPA of 3.0 in all courses completed,
- 45 hours of college work; with a minimum of nine semester hours in family and consumer sciences coursework and
- show evidence of superior qualities and leadership potential as established by the chapter.
Students who meet the criteria receive an invitation to become a KONu member.
For additional information, contact Kimi Reynolds.