Thursday, June 30th, 2005
Stephanie Caballero, Mickey Diez, Michele Caruso, Brandie Toups, and Lydia Boudreaux.
Charles Ordoyne, Bruno Ruggerio, Lisa Duet, and Cindy Andrews.
* Approval of previous of meeting minutes was tabled until further notice.
* Employee Death Procedures
o Committee members were requested to review the revised procedures so that a copy could be sent to Dr Hulbert for approval.
o The complete and updated procedure will be posted on the Committee website with last revised date noted.
* Termination Policy and Employee Death Procedure
o Procedures for Responding to the Death of a Faculty Member, Staff Member, or Retiree were discussed in detail. Two sections were created:
+ Involuntary Termination
+ Voluntary Termination
o The committee members recognized that the following would need to be addressed at a later date:
+ “at-will” employment policy
+ grievance policy and procedures
* Committee Chair, Michele Caruso will create a cover letter to Dr. Hulbert and inform him of the committee’s progress on the policies addressed in Old Business. The cover letter will include a reference to both the grievance procedure and the “at-will” policy, both of which the committee plans to address in the coming year.
* The date of the next meeting is July 12th. All members should be prepared to further discuss action to be taken on survey results.
* Mickey Diez motioned to adjourn the meeting. Lydia Boudreaux seconded the motion.