What Facilities are Booked through the Student Union Office?
- Most campus facilities can be booked by contacting the Student Union Office. The Union Office is also where university groups and departments should go to reserve tents, to request permission to place table tents in the dining areas and chalking the walk.
Who Can Reserve?
- Any student organization may reserve campus facilities free of charge if reserving during normal Student Union work hours. Student organizations must complete a “Student Activties Request Form” aka the “Gold Form.” All necessary signatures from appropriate faculty and staff must be obtained prior to submitting the form for processing. Bring completed forms to the Student Life Office located in the Student Union.
- Any campus department may reserve campus facilities free of charge if reserving during normal Student Union work hours. NSU Faculty and Staff must complete an “NSU Booking Request Form” to reserve facilities.
- Off-Campus individuals or groups must complete the “NSU Booking Request Form” to reserve facilities. Rental rates may be obtained by calling (985) 448-4519 or e-mailing email@example.com.
- Requests must be submitted at least two weeks prior to the event date. Reservation requests submitted less than two weeks before an event may be accommodated if the requested area is available. Overtime charges may apply.
- All room set up needs should be turned in at the time that the facility is requested. Campus departments are responsible for completing their own work orders for non-Student Union room setups.
- Events scheduled outside of regular Student Union work hours (see below) will incur overtime expense. Overtime will be billed to the requesting organization or department.
- A Confirmation form and Overtime form (if applicable) will be e-mailed to your organization or department if the requested date, time, and location are available. If the area requested is not available, the requesting organization or department will receive a call or e-mail from the Union Office to discuss other options.
- Completed forms can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All forms are also available in the Student Life Office. Completed forms may be delivered in person.
- The University reserves the right to require University Police and support personnel, at the expense of the renter, to monitor any function they deem necessary.
- Insurance coverage is required for all non- university sponsored events.
Student Union Hours:
Fall and Spring Semesters:
Monday- Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday
7am-9pm 7am-5pm Closed 5pm-9pm
Monday- Friday Saturday- Sunday