University College is responsible for:
- enhancing the first-year experiences of students,
- coordinating interdisciplinary academic programs that help students succeed academically and
- unifying the university’s efforts to keep students on the path to graduation.
Departments and Programs
- Academic Advising Center — provides academic advising and support to Nicholls students from the time they are admitted until they are accepted into their majors.
- University College Academic Services — helps students adjust to the individual and interpersonal challenges presented by collegiate life, and a University Studies course.
- Tutorial and Academic Enhancement Center — provides students with peer tutoring and consulting through the Tutoring Center and Writing Center.
- Department of Interdisciplinary Studies — offers an associate and bachelor’s degree in general studies for students who want to gain a broad liberal education.
- University Honors Program — provides special experiences and curriculum enhancements to high-achieving and highly motivated students.
- Academic Testing Center — administers a variety of tests, including the ACT and Praxis, to prospective and current students and others.
- Center for Retention and Advisor Training and Assessment — trains advisors of first-time freshmen and offers ongoing master advisor workshops for interested faculty and staff.
- Student Engagement Center – coordinates and manages several different campus-wide initiatives, which include the Student Engagement Center, Dual Enrollment/Early Start Program, and Tutorial and Academic Enhancement Center