Links to Internet sites
General Writing Concerns
- OWL at Purdue— Addresses planning/starting to write, effective writing, revising/editing/proofreading and types/genres of writing.
- The University of Wisconsin-Madison — Comprehensive site, very much like Purdue’s.
Writing Process, Grammar and Punctuation
- OWL at Purdue — This is just about the best writing-related link. This link addresses punctuation, capitals, spelling, sentence construction and parts of speech.
- OWL at Purdue — An information site that clearly explains what academic plagiarism involves. It also includes information on MLA, APA and disciple-specific formats. Also included is information on outlining, paraphrasing, plagiarism, quoting and summarizing.
- OWL at Purdue — A guide to MLA, APA, and Chicago style manuals.
- OWL at Purdue — “Research Papers” gives links to related sites for documenting information obtained via an electronic medium. This also gives instruction on how to conduct research and how to evaluate and then integrate sources.
- Ellender Library — Ellender is the main library on the Nicholls campus. This link takes you to the page used for library research.
- Library of Congress — Rich site for any research endeavor. The sheer volume of information makes this a great site to visit regularly.
- OWL at Purdue— Offers information on resume writing, memo writing and other professional writing concerns.
ESL Student Concerns
- OWL at Purdue— Contains information on grammar, idioms, vocabulary and academic conventions and offers discussion list information.
- OWL at Purdue— Includes a link to resources for class assignments, pedagogical theory and writings on the use of WAC, WID and Writing to Learn in particular disciples. Also included are links to other university WAC sites.
Standardized Test Preparation
- PRAXIS: http://www.ets.org/praxis
- ACT: http://www.actstudent.org/testprep
- ACT and other various discipline test prep: http://www.testprepreview.com
Please feel free to e-mail suggestions for additions to this page to firstname.lastname@example.org