Congratulations to 2013 Recipients
2013 Excellence Award Recipients
- Nurse Educator: Julia Bourg from Terrebonne General Medical General
- Nurse Clinician: Kerrie Redmond from Terrebonne General Medical Center
- Nurse Leader: Lucetta Sweet from Terrebonne General Medical Center
2013 Research Award Recipients
- Jeanne Hamner MSN, RN and Amanda Eymard DNS, RN were awarded a grant for the contribution to the advancement of nursing research in collaboration with a senior nursing honor student regarding a health-care associated infection, Clostridium Difficile, caused by broad-spectrum antibiotics often prescribed by healthcare providers.
Each spring, Xi Zeta presents chapter awards to recognize excellence in education, nursing practice and leadership.
General Criteria of Award Recipients:
- A registered nurse with at least one year of practice in either the clinical, educational or leadership setting.
- A member of at least one professional organization.
Criteria for Award for Excellence in Education:
- Receives recognition as a nursing educator.
- Develops/utilizes innovative approaches to nursing education, demonstrating excellence in teaching.
- Enhances the image of nursing through the effects of teaching.
- Advances the science of nursing through clarifying, refining and/or expanding the knowledge base of nursing.
Criteria for Award for Excellence in Nursing Practice:
- Receives recognition as a nursing clinician.
- Develops/utilizes innovative approaches to nursing practice, yielding quality nursing care.
- Enhances the image of nursing through nursing practice.
- Impacts the practice of nursing through communication.
Criteria for Award for Leadership:
- Receives local, national and/or international recognition as a nursing leader in education, practice, administration and/or research.
- Influences leadership in nursing through visionary and innovative approaches to leadership.
- Creates an environment that enhances the image of nursing/nurses.
- Participates in the development of nursing leaders and leadership.
Criteria for Sigma Theta Tau Xi Zeta Leadership Scholarship:
- Be a Sigma Theta Tau Xi Zeta inductee.
- Be a graduating senior enrolled in the Leadership and Management course at Nicholls State University.
- Achieve the highest grade in the Leadership and Management Course.
Xi Zeta also awards research grants yearly.
- To encourage nurses to contribute to the advancement of nursing through research.
- Registered nurse with a current license.
- Submit a completed research application package.
- Ready to implement research project when funding is received.