Writing Center Application
The Writing Center offers students writing assistance in any subject. Tutors guide students through the entire writing process, including, but not limited to, writing a thesis statement, structuring an argument logically, developing content, organizing main points, and understanding grammar. Students are encouraged to schedule 30-minute consultations, but walk-ins are accepted depending on tutor availability.
- NSU undergraduate student
- Overall GPA of 3.2 or higher
- A or B or placement out of courses to be tutored
- Completed English 101 or 102 with an A in the course(s)
- Participate in on-going certification programs
- Attend all tutor meetings
- Assist students in writing in any discipline
- Submit two Peer Tutor/Writing Coach Reference Forms. One reference should be academic while the other should be professional or employment.
- Peer Tutor/Writing Coach Reference Form, CLICK HERE