Students suspended for the first time:
- Follow the instructions in your appeal notification. You will have to complete an appeal form and submit it in order to begin the process of appealing your suspension. Please use this link for information about preparing to write your appeal.
- Gather documentation to support your appeal and attach it to the letter and appeal form. The documentation MUST refer to the circumstances referred to in your letter. Please reference this link for information on required documentation.
- If you are within 24 hours of graduation, you are to submit a Graduation Date Verification Form which is to be completed and signed by your Academic Advisor and the Department Head of the department of your major. This form can be obtained on our website at this link.
- Put together your appeal packet (first suspensions):
a. Completed appeal form.
b. Typed, dated, and signed letter, if required.
c. Documentation of appeal circumstances.
- Submit your appeal packet to your academic college. Students with less than 30 earned hours will submit their appeal packet to University College in 234 Elkins.
Students suspended for the second (or more) time:
- Go to this link to complete your appeal form. The form is done entirely online, you do not have to send in any paperwork.
- Submit documentation to support your appeal to (will be added soon). The documentation MUST refer to the circumstances referred to in your appeal form. Please reference this link for information on required documentation.
Notification of appeal decision:
- Once an appeal decision has been made students will be contacted directly. Please be sure to include any specific contact instructions when you complete your appeal form.