You have an opportunity to appeal your suspension to the Academic Appeals Committee. Your appeal should be received in advance of the committee meeting. Deadlines are as follows:
|APPEAL PACKET DUE NO LATER THAN||COMMITTEE WILL MEET|
|Tuesday, January 8, 2019||Friday, January 11, 2019|
If you would like to appeal, here is what you need to do:
- Visit this page to review information that you will need to know before completing your appeal form.
- Gather any documentation that applies to your appeal and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete your appeal form by using the following link to access the Online Appeal Form.
As a condition of your appeal, the Academic Appeals Committee will require you to do one of the following if your appeal is approved:
- Enroll in UNIV 100, Strategies for College Success, for the spring 2019 semester. This course was created to help you improve your academic skills, including the development of organizational, time-management, and study skills necessary for optimizing your academic performance. Much of your time in UNIV 100 will be devoted to helping you succeed in your spring courses. Tutoring will be available for hands-on assistance with some courses. To enroll in this course, please contact the Academic Advising Center at 985-448-4117.
- Participate in academic coaching sessions to help you better understand the demands and requirements of your college major, and to help you develop skills to manage your academic and personal needs.
- Please submit your appeal as soon as possible, but no later than 4:30 PM on Tuesday, January 8, 2019.
You will be notified of the status of your appeal shortly after the Committee meets to review your appeal. If you live in campus housing please call Housing and Residence Life at 985-448-4479. There are housing deadlines that must be met to keep your spring 2019 housing assignment.
If you fail to appeal your suspension or your suspension appeal is denied, you will not be allowed to take classes for one calendar year. You may reapply to Admissions once the suspension period has ended.
If you registered early for the spring 2019 semester and fail to meet the January 8th deadline to appeal your suspension, your schedule will be removed.
If you met the deadline to appeal your suspension and your appeal is granted, you should be aware of the spring 2019 payment deadline: 4:15 p.m. on Friday, January 18, 2019.