Nicholls State University
The Nicholls State University Cheerleading team is a COED SQUAD that represents the University at all home and away football games, home men and women basketball games. Additionally, the team is required to represent the University at non-athletic functions. Being a part of the Nicholls State University cheer squad is a FULL YEAR commitment beginning and ending in the Spring.
For more information email email@example.com
Eligibility requirements to participate in selection for the Nicholls State University Cheerleading Squad:
- For the GIRLS: All girls must have a standing backhand spring and an optional tumbling pass. Must be able to do toss hands and bump-and-go transition stunts.
- For the GUYS: Must be able to toss to hands and bump-and-go transition stunts.
- Must be a currently enrolled student at Nicholls State University, with a current semester GPA of 2.3 minimum; an official copy of your transcript and copy of fall schedule is required.
- Incoming freshman and transfer students must have applied and should be accepted to University prior to selection. For an application to Nicholls, please log onto https://www.nicholls.edu/apply/ and fill out an on-line application.
- If you are under 18, your cheerleading selection application form must be signed by a parent or guardian in order to participate
- Nicholls State University does not provide health insurance to student athletes. All students should proceed in activity with caution. Any medical bills resulting from illness/injury will be the responsibility of the student.
- Must be a full time student in the fall & spring semesters with a minimum of 12 hours each semester.
- Must be willing to establish and maintain high academic and social standards.
- $100-$500 Scholarships are awarded to each member at the end of the each semester. Out of state fees are not waived.
- The squad reports for practice 2 weeks prior to the first day of school for the fall semester.
Cheer practice and strengthening and condition sessions are held throughout the summer, fall semester, winter break and spring semester 2-3 times per week. The practice day and times will be scheduled following selection.
The Nicholls State University cheer program, advisor, and coach are all AACCA certified and perform primarily at events of the Athletic Association. It should be noted that both the NCAA and Southland Conference mandate that AACCA Safety Guidelines (governing body for cheerleading safety) be followed at NCAA and Southland Conference events.