FREE COVID-19 VACCINATION
Louisiana National Guard (LANG) COVID-19 Testing and Vaccine
WHEN: Monday – Friday
TIMES: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
WHERE: Leadership Suite (behind the Cotillion Ballroom)
Pfizer, Moderna and Johnson & Johnson, vaccines available.
The LANG clinic is FREE and open to the public
or scan the QR code with your mobile device.
Under the new additions to Phase 1B, Tier 1 of the COVID-19 Vaccination Plan are individuals 18 years and older (16 years and older for the Pfizer vaccine) who have one of the following conditions:
- Asthma (moderate-to-severe)
- Cerebrovascular (affects blood vessels and blood supply to the brain)
- Chronic kidney disease
- COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
- Cystic fibrosis
- Heart conditions such as heart failure, coronary artery disease or cardiomyopathies
- Hypertension or high blood pressure
- Immunocompromised state from a solid organ transplant
- Immunocompromised state from blood or bone marrow transplant, immune deficiencies, HIV or use of other immune weakening medicines
- Overweight or obesity (BMI over 25). To find your BMI, visit the CDC BMI calculator.
- Severe neurologic conditions, such as dementia
- Sickle Cell disease
- Type 1 diabetes mellitus
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Chronic liver disease
- Pulmonary fibrosis
- Down syndrome
Several community partners have stepped up to assist with providing the vaccine to our campus community.
Thibodaux Regional Health System is scheduling a vaccination day specifically for Nicholls on April 23 and 29 between 9:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. Call 985-493-4335 to schedule an appointment. Faculty, staff, students and their families are welcome.
Life Coast Community Health Center is also offering appointments by calling 985-492-6715. Mention that you are affiliated with Nicholls when you schedule appointments.
- People’s Drug Store – Houma
“I work at several area hospitals and getting the COVID-19 vaccine makes me feel better about doing my part to reduce the spread of the virus.”
Nursing senior from Cut Off
Nicholls nursing students are making history by being among the first in Louisiana to receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
Above, Marae Daigs, Nicholls nursing senior administers the COVID-19 vaccine to Cameron Aucoin, a fellow nursing senior this morning on the Nicholls campus.
Everyone 12 years of age and older is now eligible to get a COVID-19 vaccination. Get a COVID-19 vaccine as soon as you can. Widespread vaccination is a critical tool to help stop the pandemic.
Houma Health Clinic
827 Bayou Gardens Blvd
Houma, LA 70364
Walgreens Co. #12626
1000 S Acadia Rd
Thibodaux, LA 70301