Admission to Graduate Studies does not imply admission to MAT programs. Applicants who have met all requirements for admission to Graduate Studies but who have not met degree program requirements are classified as pre-program. While so classified, students may not earn more than twelve semester hours to be applied toward a MAT degree. While a student is in pre-program status, no credits earned with less than a B grade will be applied toward the MAT degree.
To be admitted into the Master of Arts in Teaching program at Nicholls, applicants are required to:
- Satisfy Graduate Studies admission requirements.
- A minimum score of 1,100 is required on the formula: GPA on last 60 undergraduate hours times 200, plus the GRE General Test score (taken before August 1, 2011).
A minimum score of 335 is required on the formula: GPA on last 60 undergraduate hours times 20, plus the GRE General Test score (taken after August 1, 2011).
- Submit completed program application.
- Submit three letters of recommendation.
- Complete a satisfactory score (3.5) on the writing component of the GRE
- Submit a satisfactory score according to state guidelines on Praxis I and Praxis II.
Admission to Candidacy
Student must successfully complete the program emphasis area foundation core coursework.