To be admitted into the Clinical Mental Health Counseling program at Nicholls, applicants should possess the following:
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- A minimum GPA of 2.50 on the final 60 hours of undergraduate coursework attempted.
- A minimum score of 1,100 is required on the formula: GPA on last 60 undergraduate hours times 200, plus the GRE General Test score (taken before August 1, 2011).
A minimum score of 335 is required on the formula: GPA on last 60 undergraduate hours times 20, plus the GRE General Test score (taken after August 1, 2011). See the GRE website for information about the test at: http://www.ets.org/gre.
- Completion of prerequisite courses: nine semester hours in undergraduate psychology or other coursework deemed acceptable by the program coordinator. (Six of the nine hours must be completed prior to enrollment in any graduate classes and all prerequisites must be completed within the first semester of enrollment in graduate classes. A grade of C or better must be earned in all prerequisite courses).
- Completion of a Criminal Background Check with “Certified Backgrounds”. Certified Background