To begin the application process to the Nicholls Graduate School, individuals must submit the following at least one month prior to the semester of admission:
- Graduate Studies application form (apply electronically).
- Application fee of $20 (or $30 for international students), in the form of a check or money order payable to Nicholls State University.
Additionally, the following must be submitted to complete the application package:
- Official transcripts from all higher education institutions attended, must be sent directly from those institutions. Download record request form.
- Official GRE score reports, must be sent from the Educational Testing Service to Nicholls State University. Information about the GRE may be accessed at this site: GRE website.
- Results of a background check with Certified Backgrounds. (download form).
- Students may be required to schedule a satisfactory personal interview with a Clinical Mental Health Counseling faculty member.
- Applicants must be admitted to the Graduate School prior to applying to the Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling program. The following materials must be sent to the program director:
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling application form (download form)
- Three satisfactory letters of recommendation must be sent to:
Dr. Jessica Fanguy Cortez
Department of Psychology, Counseling and Family Studies
P.O. Box 2075
Thibodaux, LA 70310
Students are encouraged to consider applying for graduate assistantships that are available for students fully admitted to the program. Applications may be accessed at https://www.nicholls.edu/graduate/assistantships/.
Visit the Nicholls catalog for more information regarding admission to the Clinical Mental Health Counseling Program.