Nicholls now offers a new concentration in its Educational Leadership M.Ed program that is fully online. A concentration in Educational Technology Leadership will allow candidates to attain the state’s two certifications as Educational Technology Facilitator and Educational Technology Leader.
Deeply rooted in the International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) National Educational Technology Standards (NETS) for technology coaches, the EDTL concentrations prepares the technology leaders of tomorrow by teaching cutting edge skills concerning integrating technology, planning and budgeting for technology, and developing and maintaining 21st century schools.
To be admitted into the educational leadership program, applicants should possess the following:
- A bachelor’s degree or graduate degree from a regionally accredited instutition.
- A minimum GPA of 2.5 on the final 60 hours of undergraduate coursework attempted.
- A minimum score of 1,300 is required on the formula: GPA on last 60 undergraduate hours times 200, plus the GRE General Test score (taken before August 1, 200. –OR – A minimum score of 335 is required on the formula: GPA on last 60 undergraduate hours times 20, plus the GRE General Test score (taken after August 1, 2011).
- A satisfactory score of 3.5 on the writing component of the GRE
- Provide tech support and professional development to teachers
- Manage technological facilities and resources in educational settings
- Create budgets and policies designing a school-wide technology plan
- Navigating the logistics of distance learning in educational settings
Click here to see examples of candidate work.