To begin the application process to the Nicholls Graduate School, individuals must submit the following at least one month prior to the semester of admission:
- Graduate Studies application form (apply electronically).
- Application fee of $20 (or $30 for international students), in the form of a check or money order payable to Nicholls State University.
Additionally, the following must be submitted to complete the application package:
- Official transcripts from all higher education institutions attended, must be sent directly from those institutions. Download record request form).
- Official GRE score reports, must be sent from the Educational Testing Service to Nicholls State University. Information on how to register for the GRE may be accessed at this website: GRE website.
- Results of a background check with Certified Backgrounds. (download form).
- Applicants will also be required to complete an interview with faculty representatives of the school counseling program.
- Applicants must be admitted to the Graduate School prior to applying to the Master of Education in School Counseling program. The following application materials must be sent to the program director:
Master of Education in School Counseling application form (download form).
Three recommendation forms (download form).
These completed forms should be mailed to:
Jessica Fanguy Cortez, Ph.D., LPC-S, LMFT
Department of Psychology, Counseling and Family Studies
P.O. Box 2075
Thibodaux, LA 70310
- Students are encouraged to consider applying for graduate assistantships that are available for students fully admitted to the program. Applications may be accessed at https://www.nicholls.edu/graduate/assistantships/
- Visit the Nicholls catalog for more information regarding admission to the Master of Education in School Counseling program.