To begin the application process to the Nicholls Graduate School, individuals must submit the following at least one month prior to the semester of admission:
- Graduate Studies application form (apply electronically).
- Application fee of $20 (or $30 for international students), in the form of a check or money order payable to Nicholls State University.
Additionally, the following must be submitted to complete the application package:
- Official transcripts from all higher education institutions attended, must be sent directly from those institutions. Download record request form).
- Official GRE score reports, must be sent from the Educational Testing Service to Nicholls State University. Information on how to register for the GRE may be accessed at this website: GRE website.
- Results of a background check with Certified Backgrounds. (download form).
- Applicants will also be required to complete an interview with faculty representatives of the school counseling program.
- Applicants must be admitted to the Graduate School prior to applying to the Master of Education in School Counseling program.
These completed forms should be mailed to:
Jessica Fanguy Cortez, Ph.D., LPC-S, LMFT
Department of Psychology, Counseling and Family Studies
P.O. Box 2075
Thibodaux, LA 70310
- Students are encouraged to consider applying for graduate assistantships that are available for students fully admitted to the program. Applications may be accessed at https://www.nicholls.edu/graduate/assistantships/
- Visit the Nicholls catalog for more information regarding admission to the Master of Education in School Counseling program.